Welcome to the Oregon Poison Center’s Poison Prevention Training Program. Before we start, we would like to acknowledge the Georgia Poison Center for their collaborative efforts on this project.
By completing this course you will become a Poison Prevention Educator for the Oregon Poison Center serving Oregon, Alaska and Guam. We hope that after completing this program you will be equipped to teach others about poisonings and what to do in a poisoning emergency. Whether you are parent, teacher, emergency personnel or a fellow educator, we thank you for your commitment in preventing poisonings.
Anyone living and/or working in Oregon, Alaska or the territory of Guam is welcome to complete the course and use the online poison prevention resource center. If you do not live/work in our served regions, please contact your local poison center for available training and resources. After completion of all lessons, quizzes, test, and evaluation you will gain full access to the resource center.
To access your course outline click here.
- Introduction and Pre-Test
- Lesson 1: About U.S. Poison Centers And The Oregon Poison Center
- Lesson 2: Understanding The Poisoning Problem
- Lesson 3: Common Poisons And Prevention
- Lesson 4: What To Do In Case Of A Poisoning
- Lesson 5: Sharing Poison Prevention Information With Your Community
- Post-Test and Evaluation
We appreciate your time and commitment to this program.